"In life you can choose two paths; The path of least resistance,
or the path you cannot resist."
"NEVER RESIST."

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pinch Me

My mother and I ventured through The Place Jemma el-Fna the other evening and observed all the crazy things going on. I mentioned in my last blog that the area was very hard to photograph at night, so my apologies for the poor quality of the photo below. 

You might notice in the photo a blue streak in the sky, and I am surprised there are not more of them, as there were street venders slingshotting these light up toys into the air that would then spiral down through the air back to them. Twas very neat. You can also see the bright lights and smoke coming from the food vendors in the center of the square.

We have been having breakfast in our room every morning here in Marrakech. THE BEST.


Below is one of the pools at the hotel, it is totally beautiful. Picture does it no justice...I know I keep saying that, but it is just so true.


Yesterday we toured around Marrakech and visited the Majorelle Gardens designed by the French artist Jacques Majorelle. The gardens are most well known for the fact they they were purchased by Pierre Berge and Yves Saint-Laurent in 1980. The gardens serve as the final resting place for the famous designer, Yves Saint Laurent.




After visiting the gardens I decided it was about time I ride a camel. So my mother and I did just that. We found us some camels and rode them around. Loved it.


We rode the two camels around the palm groves in Marrakech. My mother had rode a camel before in Dubai, but it was my first time and I was pretty pumped about it. I could not stop petting the hump of the camel, I was so surprised at how soft and fluffy she was. I must say, I was feeling pretty bad about all the camel leather products I had purchased in the medina. 


Then of course we went shopping in the souks....it is a mother daughter trip after all.


Then it was back to the hotel for some much needed rest. The picture below romanticizes this idea, but in actuality I passed out face down and drooling on my pillow....hot. 
Man oh man travel can be tiring...But today is all about relaxing by the pool for me, hence my time to blog and inform the world of my adventures! Love this life....So I think I shall go live it.



3 comments:

  1. It brings back such great memories of why I loved Morocco so much! Have some Bastilla for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff. Love all the pictures and details on the blog. What an fab way to share a trip. I hope your family is reading and watching. It's terrific. Hat's off to you both.

    Now I have to ask (not that you can respond) but any issues with eating and drinking there? I notice coffee, juice, fruit on the breakfast tray. All safe to eat? Feeling good? How about the weather? Clearly sunny but hot too? Dry of course so that probably makes it a bit easier to take. Do you have to worry about any biting bugs or insects or snakes - aside from those at the market? This is the under belly stuff that inquiring minds want to know.

    Hey I'd be hard pressed to move from that roof deck. Looks incredible. Continued happiness on your journey. xo Kim

    ReplyDelete